- Ask my ancestors what they think, keeping in mind that their opinion is not always perfect in the modern world.
- I ask Legba where will this road lead me, and usually do a divination about that. It is important that our divination is not treated as the final authority. The divination is only part of the process (and sometimes tells you different information then what we're asking).
- Ask counsel from my other allies, asking why I am holding back on the goal.
- Meditation. In stillness, what does the quietest voices say? (You know, the ones we don’t listen too).
- Usually other similar things.
Then the whole process starts again when you try to implement the idea.
Well no one said the Great Work was easy.